Sunday, July 18, 2010

cADD. (Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder)

Hey, I did plan on this blog being introspective, right?

My name is Jess, and I have a problem. I seem to be unable to focus on a single project for more than a day or two. I have a 75% finished Baby Beanie, which I had put aside to make and hour-long preemie hat and did not feel compelled to return to. I have at least 20 million various body parts for even more various Amigurumi critters, which include but are not limited to, Brobee, Toodee, and Muno from Yo Gabba, a dragon, the worm from Labyrinth, a green and teal quail, and a few gnomes. I have about 6 rows of a forest and lime green tunisian crochet bag/boy-purse/satchel for my 4 year old son. I also have 18 rounds of a baby star blanket complete, of which I decided I needed the skein I was using on it last for something else. Somewhere in the room is 5 12-inch hexagons, which, someday, are supposed to go into a Painted Turtle Afghan. What I've listed so far is only a VERY minute percentage of WIP's. Sadly, my Ravelry queue seems to grow at a much faster rate than my WIP's.

Because of this (what I have been told, common) severe dysfunction, I also have way too many skeins of yarn that somehow, even though I have a designated yarn storage area, managed to tangle around each other, as well as around legs of beds, electrical cords, children's toys, and more, which may or may not be mostly salvageable and I... you know... just haven't gotten around to trying to fix. But I still keep buying more!

Add in the fact that I have yarn work that I am slightly less skilled in-- more advanced Tunisian, tatting, knitting, crochet lace-- speaking to me in the most tantalizing and delicious foreign tongues, and my god am I a mess.

Is there a medication for this? MEDICATE ME!!!! :-) I promise I will share!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It is called being a process crafter, not a project crafter. I don't understand your type, but I'm told there are many and ya'll are the underpinnings for us project crafters.

Jess said...

Whatcha mean? Crocheting to crochet vs. crocheting to create? I'm not sure about that. I think it's just impatience, not seeing results fast enough :-) I'm working on it though!